£100,000 per annum
9 days ago
We are currently looking to recruit a Commercial Manager to join an Engineering and Consultancy Services (ECS) business on a permanent basis based in Woking, UK.
Our client is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies - design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries.
Main purpose of the role:
Act as a focal point for ECS on all matters relating to Commercial.
- Commercial focal point for the assigned ECS service lines.
- Manage the contracts engineer in developing comprehensive contractual exceptions, modifications and qualifications of a legal and commercial nature.
- Participation in negotiations with clients, suppliers and third parties on acceptable terms and conditions during bid/award, variation and project execution phases.
- Ensuring that contracts are executed in compliance with Company policies and statutory regulations.
- Preparation of Invitation to Tender Documents and Evaluation of Tenders when assigned to external projects.
- Assist ECS in new country entry, new client, and agents from a commercial perspective.
- Reviewing ECS Proposals, Work Orders to Consultants and associated checklists from a contractual/legal standpoint.
- Scheduling, coordinating and leading risk review meetings.
- Maintaining effective communication and building strong relationships with internal departments including but not limited to compliance, tax, insurance, finance, legal and treasury.
- Accountable for commercial risk identification, commercial risk mitigation and commercial risk management during the pre-award stage.
- Initiation and preparation of variations and claims to Client. Defending, negotiating and resolving claims with Client.
- Assist, evaluate and advise ECS management on contractual conflicts and claims with clients. In the event of a dispute, advise on the company’s position, information required in defense of or in pursuance of such.
- Assist in managing all activities related to contractual, legal, tax, commercial and insurance issues related to ECS business, contracts with clients and partnering agreements during the post award stage.
- Ensure that the key contract terms and conditions are presented and understood by the Project Management and Commercial Team upon award of the Contract and also ensure that a proper handover takes place from the pre award team.
- Attend/support internal and external audits as required.
- Assist in the development of relevant Commercial KPI’s.
- Any other duty as directed by the VP, Commercial or VP, Engineering and Consultancy Services.
Skills & Experience:
- Responsible for all commercial documents in ECS to the value of $40M.
- Responsible for identifying and mitigating commercial risks in contracts and other legal documentation to the value of $40m+
- Batchelors degree relevant subject
- Consultancy & FEED experience
- Contract Negotiation and Commercial experience
- The ability to communicate with clients and internal stakeholders on complex commercial issues
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good organisation skills.
To apply for the Commercial Manager role, please click ‘Apple Now’