14 days ago
We’re looking for a Civil Structural Manager for a 12 month contract to join our client based in the Greater London area.
They are a respected international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s energy companies. They design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries.
What does the job involve?
- Able to prepare/review Function design specification for the Civil design of Onshore land stations
- Aware of Consents, permits, local regulations applicable to the UK & European region
- Experience of working with local sub-contractors for civil work such as Site preparation, Earthwork, UG layout (Topo, UG Survey, HDD)
- Understand / review the Building design (Structural, Sanitary & Plumbing) from Specialist agencies
- Aware of Facility Green initiatives to be applied while designing Onshore land station
- Experience with executing large Onshore land stations or Substation facility for HVAC/HVDC projects
- Ability to perform drainage /SuDS design and studies.
- Shall be able to understand & interpret Hydrology/flood mitigation studies
- Excellent liaison skills to interact with government statutory bodies and local authorities such as Highways Departments, Environment Agency, SuDS Officers, Flood mitigation agencies and Building regulating agencies
- Shall have excellent knowledge & experience in CDM Regulations and safety, environmental requirements and National grid codes
- Able to prepare/review Function design specification for the Civil & Architectural design of Onshore land stations
- Understand / review the Building design (Architectural, Structural, Sanitary & Plumbing) from Specialist agencies
What skills and experience do you need?
- Extensive years of experience with min. qualification Post Graduation in Civil Engineering
- Shall have experience in liaison with government statutory bodies and local authorities
- Shall have experience in the use of relevant technical analysis, design software such as Microdrainage, Civils 3D etc.