Surrey, United Kingdom
4 days ago
We are currently looking to support our client, a worldwide leader within the industrial gases sector, with a contract requirement for a Structural Designer to be based out of their Surrey office. This is the third role we have received from the client in recent months, but it is a new requirement and so new applications will need to be made for interested parties. This is a 6 month contract opportunity starting in early March with further extensions beyond this possible. It is also expected that this role will fall Inside IR35 and so prospective candidates should make appropriate arrangements accordingly. We can offer our in-house PAYE payroll or a list of FCSA approved Umbrella payroll companies.
A description is given below but the client is requesting broad design experience - particularly on foundations, steel work, but also adaptable to drainage, layout drainage, road layout. Previous FEED design experience, EPC, Smartplant 3D + PDS Microstation.
Rates have not been stated and will be negotiable but candidate's expectations must be supplied in advance of submissions.
If this could interest please contact me with an updated copy of your CV and information on your availability and rate expectations. I apologise if this does not interest but please feel free to recommend anyone you know to be suitable.
A. PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
a. A Principal Civil/Structural Designer with a relevant HND
a. Civil and Structural experience in a Process Design Industry is a basic requirement.
b. Extensive knowledge in the use of Smart Plant 3D
c. Knowledge in use PDS Microstation
d. Shall be thoroughly proficient in the modelling and detailing of civil foundations and steelwork Structures
e. Have experience with the modelling and detail design of gravity drainage systems
f. Shall be able to work with limited supervision .
g. Min 15 years of experience would be expected
a. Abilities to work in multi discipline teams
b. Shall be respected as an experienced civil and Structural Designer
c. Will be required to have a good approach to health and safety
d. Able to work with different cultures around the world.
e. Prepared to travel when required.
f. Require good communication skills both verbal and written English
g. In addition a non English language skill would be an advantage.
B. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. An all round flexible Civil and Structural Designer
2. Able to work under pressure and meet tight schedule dead lines..
3. Involved in the execution strategies and upfront work for projects .( topo surveys, Geotechnical investigations, drainage strategy, design basis statements, understanding the construction estimates.)
4. Able to use own initiative to develop solutions to detailing challenges.
5. Review the work by Other Designers giving consideration to construction costs and making an effective contribution to identify and resolve any issues..
6. Assist the Department in keeping up with national codes and specification for the detail design scope.
7. Bring experience to suggest new economical ways in designing the work -identify problem areas in the work practices and suggest improvements.
8. He/she will be required to work independently representing the Civil Department and be effective in promoting and supporting all aspects of the work done in the Department.
9. Support the Civil Manager in the Departments activities.