26 days ago
We’re looking for a C, E & I Design Engineer to join an established manufacturing company in the Cheshire area on a permanent staff basis.
What does the job involve?
· Design, install and maintain electrical and control systems on site.
· Maintain accurate plant drawing records including P&ID’s, instrument loop and electrical drawings.
· Arrange general maintenance and project work if directed to do so.
· Plan and execute electrical and control system maintenance.
· Identify potential electrical and control plant improvements.
· Supervise and organise small to medium sized projects and to have technical electrical / instrumentation / control input to larger projects as agreed.
· Select appropriate control and electrical contractors and manage their activities while they are on site to ensure that works are carried out safely and cost effectively.
· Identify suitable suppliers of electrical and control equipment for ongoing projects and maintenance.
Place purchase orders for desired equipment.
· Respect all EHS accountabilities as described in the EHS policy, EHS plan, EHS objectives and the Quality, Environmental & EHS ISO management systems.
· Perform duties as Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS), including reporting to the EA & relevant authorities as required.
What skills and experience do you need?
· Degree qualified in electrical or control engineering.
· 3 years+ experience in a relevant electrical or control engineering role.
· This is a key role which involves troubleshooting and fault finding on an operational process plant.
· A versatile, flexible approach is required combined with logical, problem-solving skills.
· Programming PLC’s including Mitsubishi, Schneider & Siemens.
· Experience of relevant ladder logic is essential.
· Previous experience on DCS systems is also an advantage.
What are the pay and benefits?
- Very good salary & benefits (call to discuss)