Wirral, United Kingdom
about 1 month ago
29 Mar 00:00
DATS are looking for an Assembly & Installation Technician to join our client based in Chester on a 2-year fixed term contract.
Our client is a specialist within the Nuclear and Chemical Sector.
This is a great opportunity to join a blue chip international client.
Our client operated in a very sensitive area of the nuclear industry and so before starting the candidate will need to achieve DV level security clearance . Please not that a UK passport is essential and the process may take up to 6 months.
Therefore the role would best suit someone who was finishing a role in the near future or was already in employment but looking for a new opportunity!
What does the job involve?
- Performing complex and advanced assembly of products according to established specifications and instructions.
- Performing high precision calibration and advanced adjustments using testing instruments (torque wrenches and digital gauges)
- Monitoring the functioning of all equipment and tooling, report any problems or deviations.
- To maintain and update the assembly results relating to various tests and inspection procedures conducted.
- The pre-use checks of tools and equipment.
- Recording daily production data into computer systems.
- Working towards weekly production targets
- Working towards 5S standards in a safe and responsible manner.
- Working to a high level of safety, security and quality.
- You will work in contamination and radiation-controlled areas.
- Good time keeping and attendance with flexibility required in order to meet customer needs.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Previous experience working in an assembly / manufacturing environment Recognised apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme, supplemented by training The role would suit someone from Automotive assembly or aerospace industries.
- Forklift Truck or Pedestrian Truck Licence is desirable.
- Flexible and have strong problem-solving skills
- Good level of education
- Be able to work to a high attention of detail.
- Have good interpersonal skills
- MUST be able to achieve DV level security clearance .
What are the pay and benefits?
- Circa £37,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays+ 12 SWAD days per annum ( please call to ask)
- Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay
- Life Assurance
What to do next
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, click the apply button!