20 days ago
Assembly and Installation Technician
- 25 days Annual Leave.
- 8 Bank Holidays (9 this year)
- SWAD = additional 13 days leave
- Flexitime – If enough hours have been accrued an additional day off each month can be taken.
- Company Bonus
- Life Assurance – 7 times salary
We are looking to recruit up to six Assembly Technicians to work in the nuclear industry. Based near Ellesmere Port we are looking for candidates with a high level of dexterity and experience in assembling complex parts or machinery. Someone from the Automotive or aerospace industries might have the skills and experience required.
The individuals is will have experience in working to high quality standards in a previous manufacturing environment, with the ability to work to a high attention of detail.
Safety and adherence to established safety procedures is very important.
The role will include:
- Performing complex and advanced assembly of products according to established specifications and instructions.
- Performing high precision calibration and advanced adjustments using testing instruments (torque wrenches and digital gauges)
- Monitoring the functioning of all equipment and tooling, report any problems or deviations.
- To maintain and update the assembly results relating to various tests and inspection procedures conducted.
- The pre-use checks of tools and equipment.
- Recording daily production data into computer systems.
- Working towards weekly production targets
- Working towards 5S standards in a safe and responsible manner.
- Working to a high level of safety, security and quality.
- You will work in contamination and radiation controlled areas.
- Good time keeping and attendance with flexibility required in order to meet customer needs.
Experience & Qualifications
You will have a good standard of education.
Ideally, you will have had previous experience working in an assembly / manufacturing environment. You will have strong manual dexterity, be able to follow work instructions and procedures and carry out repetitive processes with zero defects.
Interpersonal communication skills are particularly necessary for working in a team environment, be flexible and have strong problem solving skills.
Fork Lift Truck or Pedestrian Truck Licence is desirable
DV Security Clearance is an essential requirement for the role. ( please call to discuss) The process to obtain DV clearance can take some 8/9 months and will determine the start date for the contract.
The working hours will be Monday to Thursday 07:00am to 16:00pm and Friday, 07:10 to 12:00pm.