23 days ago
We are currently looking to support our client with an urgent requirement for 6 Fabricators to be based at a site in Plymouth. The client is tendering for labour intensive projects where they will be supplying and installing their products and these roles will assist towards to influx in workload.
These will be available on a temp to perm basis with initial 3 month contracts starting as soon as possible. These are exciting opportunities to work for a major company in the Manufacturing industry.
Working hours are 40 per week between 7am and 5.30pm across 4 days, Monday to Thursday (30 minute lunches). The site is generally not open on a Friday however where there is increased work this will be open and overtime will be available. Flexible hours are also available to assist with commuting requirements
Hourly rate: £8.89 - £9.37 (£18,500 - £19,500), based on 40 hours per week.
Overtime: OT is required if people are willing. It is offered on Friday, Saturday, Sunday(x1.5 Friday. 2x Saturday, 3x Sunday).
The client requires self-starters and people who will thrive in an autonomous working environment. The successful candidates will be supported by the Supervisors.
Examples of projects are:
- Footbridges – made of plastics and composites with guarantees for underground and overground. The company survey the environment with lasers to map the product into place with 100% accuracy. Fitting these structures is therefore quicker for all parties involved.
- Pipes underground and underwater, (flexible and ridged) used on war ships, submarines, yachts etc.
- Hand rails, stairs for Oil Rigs
This is an entry level role for someone looking to start or progress their career in the Manufacturing / Engineering sector. The client is an accredited NVQ training and assessment centre, so they are well rehearsed in developing people and finding their potential.
The hiring manager would prefer candidates to have some experience in manual fabrication, but this is certainly not essential, as grass roots candidates with a desire to learn and grow will be considered.
The role does require some manual handling of light weight plastics. There are machine lifts for the heavier items.
The existing team is highly skilled; they will be supporting the successful candidates in these Fabrication roles.
Fabricator main tasks:
Support main fabrication team –General factory duties, marking out, cutting, shaving and labelling parts produced. This will involve using simple engineers’ tools, tape measure, saws, squares, etc …training will be provided.
- Someone who genuinely wants to start their career in Manufacturing / Engineering industry
- Conscientious workers who can be trusted
- Good time keeping skills
- Strong desire and aptitude to learn and grow their career
- Experience is not essential, but if they do, then an ability to read and interpret simple engineering drawings is desirable
Key tasks and responsibilities: -
- To work with the minimum of supervision using own initiative once training is complete
- Have a good understanding of basic dimensions and be able to make accurate measurements using a tape measure
- Overtime working will be required; a flexible positive attitude is a must
- Be responsible for the tidiness and safe systems of work within your own area