Manufacturing Project Manager
Our client based in Hull is looking for a Manufacturing Project Manager. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company and it’s an exciting time to help shape their future direction.
The Manufacturing project manager will report to the Divisional Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and overseeing assigned projects from concept to completion.
Manufacturing Project Manager Main Responsibilities:
- Identify and agree on the project's goals.
- Create a project plan that outlines the tasks, timelines, and resources
- Communicate with the project team and stakeholders
- Manage risks and issues, and monitor progress to ensure that the project stays on track
- On project completion, evaluate and identify areas for improvement in future projects.
- Completing feasibility exercises to develop and evaluate initial project ideas.
- Engage with wider business stakeholders and contractors as required to form comprehensive Project proposals.
- Ensuring robust vendor selection and specifications are complete before issuing any orders.
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring of assigned projects.
- Formulating project parameters and assigning responsibilities and work packs to the most capable employees/contractors and monitoring the project team.
- Performing quality control tasks on budgets, schedules, plans, and contractor performance and reporting on the project's status.
- Cooperating and communicating with the project sponsors and stakeholders and collaborating with contractors to create more efficient project methods and to maintain the project's profitability.
- Creating frameworks to measure the project's metrics and data collection.
- Establishing success criteria and methods for monitoring these post project completion
- Ensuring the project's compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
Manufacturing Project Manager Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering
- Ideally PMP Certified, minimum Prince2 Practitioner
- Proven Project Management experience in a fast-paced Manufacturing environment (have PM’d multiple >£1m complex projects)
- Proven experience of knowledge and application of CDM 2015 acting as PD or PC
- Excellent safety knowledge and application in manufacturing engineering and project execution environments.
Manufacturing Project Manager Key Skills:
- Strong Written, and verbal communication and presentation skills
- The ability to work with multiple discipline project teams
- Innovative, disciplined, and results oriented with the motivation and commitment to succeed
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of design and visualization software. Ideally CAD proficient.
- Exceptional planning and organizing skills to manage multiple Manufacturing Projects
- Proven capability of working within defined budget and timelines
The ideal candidate will be experienced in Project Management rather than Project engineering
Be a self starter, self motivated, trusted, proactive, hands on, and a mentor to others with excellant people skills
Location: Hull (you will need to be flexible to travel)
Contract type: Permanent
Standard office hours apply
Salary: £45-50k DOE
If you have the right skills and experience and you are interested in the Manufacturing Project Manager role, please click the link to 'apply'