Electrical Team leader
Our client based in the Staffordshire area, is looking to hire an Electrical Team leader to join their team.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager, the Primary Duties of the Electrical Team leader are:
- Supervise, manage and motivate a team of technicians within the workshop, overseeing staff member performance, that included efficiency and standard of workmanship.
- Provide electrical installation experience and expertise to support electrical workshop quality and delivery schedules.
- Complete physical checks on BOM’s before materials are released from the stores to the workshop floor.
- Complete Electrical Testing & CompEx inspections to a high standard.
- To work in conjunction with the Workshop Manager, to deliver departmental targets such as on time delivery performance, quality standards and compliance. performing.
- To work with the Workshop Manager on effective planning and scheduling and provide progress/status feedback.
- To lead, mentor and develop the electrical team and develop skills matrix.
- Working with the Mechanical Teamleader the Workshop Manager and Site Manager to plan workshop and site demand requirements and recommend capacity and resource requirements.
- Support the Workshop Manager with updating the plan, allocating work to the electricians and resource shortfalls.
- Provide leadership in production build problem resolution that affect quality and on time delivery.
- Adhere to the company and group quality assurance procedures.
- With support from the Workshop Manager, be responsible for all human resources tasks for the electrical technicians such as performance reviews, absence management and resolving any personnel problems.
- To ensure the workshop is kept both safe and tidy to comply with Health & Safety legislation and the company QHSE procedures.
- Support feedback, supply detail and make recommendations that support company KPI’s.
- Support Health and Safety initiatives and ensure compliance to health and safety internal control procedures.
Electrical Team leader Secondary Duties Include:
- Support the Mechanical Team leader.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives in regard to the non conformance register, cost of non-quality and business process improvement projects.
- Deputise for the Workshop Manager where/when necessary.
- Advocate for best practice roll-out.
- Attend relevant courses in order to broaden your knowledge and skill set.
- To be responsible for the electrical equipment and machinery including maintaining calibration and maintenance.
Electrical Team leader Essential Skills:
- Time served, experienced and qualified electrician, with an emphasis on hazardous areas.
- NVQ or equivalent in Electrical Installation
- Compex EX01 - 04
- City & Guilds 18th Edition
- City and Guilds Test and Inspection
- Attention to detail
- Full, clean driving licence and own transport
- Experience as a supervisor.
- Working to a high-quality standard
- Good organisational skills
- Good communicator
- Willing to move forward with changes to better the way we work
- Experience managing a team of multi disciplined employees
Electrical Team leader Desirable Skills:
- Good level of IT skills
- Good understanding of 5S, lean principles and application
- Previous gas industry experience
- Previous National Gas experience
- EUSR Gas Safety Passport
- SCO91 – Competent person
- First aid at work
- EL6 Authorised Person
- Site Safety Management Training Scheme
- Site Safety Supervisor Training Scheme
- SCO Core (1&2)
- Knowledge of Construction Design management Regulations
- Fire Marshal training
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Based 70% at Staffordshire, 30% site work
Working Hours: Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
Essential: Full clean driving licence and own transport
Salary: Up to £44,158.40 per annum plus overtime and plus 15% uplift per hour worked on site when staying away over night.
If you have the right skills and experience, and you are interested in the Electrical Team leader role, please click the link to ‘Apply’