We’re looking for an Environmental Coordinator for our client on a contract basis, till the end of July 2024, an extension beyond this would be reviewed nearer that time.
The role will be within our client’s HSE Department at Northop. There will also be an expectation to mobilise offshore should that be required. (BOSIET an advantage).
This person will be supervising and managing a team of two and is responsible for coordinating all Regulatory and Environmental requirements as well as acting as a delegate for the HSE Manager as and when required.
What does the job involve?
- Coordination and delivery of compliance with all environmental requirements, regulatory and corporate, for both conventional production operations and Decomissioning/CCS activities.
- Act as an effective delegate to the HSE Manager, supporting all HSE Team activities.
- Responsible for LBA HSE Management System, certified externally to ISO14001 and ISO45001.
- Management of the LBA Emergency Response process, including participating in the IMT.
- Support HSE requirements of LB Decommissioning, CCS and other projects wherever required, including co-ordinating LBA HSE Team inputs.
- Primary contact for engagement with environmental regulators.
- Supervise others, including environmental, regulatory, contractor and other HSE Team members.
- Provide effective environmental advice and support to all relevant stakeholders.
- Both lead and provide specialist input to audits and accident/incident investigations.
- Implement best practices to improve any aspects of UK HSE management system.
- Perform audits and gap analyses against appropriate compliance requirements/standards to identify areas for continual improvement in HSE performance.
- Appropriately assess and reduce the organisation’s environmental risk.
- Represent the Company in internal and industry associations.
- Manage HSE aspects of LBA high risk and other contracts through application of standard, assessments, and contractor workshops, ensuring alignment with standards that best practice is applied.
- Fully comply with the Code of Ethics and Law 231 principles.
- Fully comply with the HSE Critical Roles procedure (UK HSE IMS C1-SYS-01 - HSE Critical Roles - accessible via the Company’s UK Intranet), which outlines the HSE critical roles relative to this position.
What skills and experience do you need?
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
- Engineering or Science Degree.
- Supervisory skills & experience.
- Situable professional Environmental qualifications (NEBOSH, IEMA, etc.) preferred.
- OPEP Level 4 Oil Spill Response training preferred.
- Lead auditor in either ISO14001 or ISO45001 preferred.
- Strong knowledge of relevant oil and gas/process/energy industry related HSE compliance issues and all relevant HSE legislation.
- Knowledge of the key HSE aspects associated with different phases of an oil and gas development, and their management.
- Strong auditing skills and experience, knowledge of HSE management systems/risk management.
- Strong IT skills and experience in HSE reporting systems.
- Strong presentation, communication and analytical skills
- To demonstrate confidence to progress work with minimal supervision.
- To demonstrate effective personal behaviours, ability to work well within a team.
- The ability to manage self and others effectively, including effective delegation.
- The ability to effect change through others.
- Be able to work as part of a team and organise both own workload, and that of others, to meet deadlines.
- Be able to influence and build relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Be able to lead and work under own initiative, self-starter.
- Be driven to achieve results and success.
- Be organised and communicate effectively.
- Set an example and drive continual improvement.
What is the pay for the role?
All inclusive day rate circa £570 (inside IR35)