We’re looking for a Construction Manager to join an established design, engineering and construction company based in the South Manchester area on a contract basis.
What does the job involve?
• Attend and support in constructability reviews and construction hazard studies (HAZCON’s).
• Review and approve contractors Risk Assessments and Methods Statements (RAMS).
• Update Construction Phase Management Plan and Project Health and Safety File during course of construction phase.
• Control site operations, issue relevant permits and ensure all safety measures are implemented.
• Ensure all Clients rules are adhered to.
• Understand and interpret design intent and communicate to site team to ensure efficient construction.
• Respond to Technical Queries in a timely manner.
• Produce programme for construction activities and ensure site works are executed in accordance with project schedule milestones.
• Support client’s operational team to ensure minimal disruption to Client’s site during construction and deconstruction activities.
• Conduct regular quality and safety audits of construction work.
• Suggest, justify and implement work process improvements and creative solutions for problems.
• Ensure that all lessons learned are effectively captured and embedded in future business practices.
• Review commercial claims from contractors and advise Project Management on claim validity and impact on project.
What skills and experience do you need?
• Demonstratable experience in the construction of process plant within petrochemical, utilities, pharmaceutical or gas management sectors.
• A diploma, NVQ or similar Level 5 qualification in site management and/or safe working practice.
• Knowledge of constructability reviews, HAZCONS and construction planning.
• Understanding and experience in performing the role of “Principal Contractor” within the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulation 2015.
• Understanding of process plant commissioning activities.
What are the pay and benefits?
• Excellent rate (Outside IR35)