We’re looking for a E,C&I Design Engineer for a full-time permanent staff position based in Ellesmere Port.
Our client is a specialist supplier of gas analysing and sampling systems supplied to a variety of industries in the UK and worldwide. They are experiencing a period of significant growth including systems supplied into the new hydrogen facilities and for biogases from anaerobic digesters.
The Design Engineer will undertake the design of E, C&I systems preparing CAD drawings through the existing CAD department. They will appraise quotations for materials/components, liaison with clients, third party consultants & suppliers. They will continue to provide technical support to the in-house manufacturing team and project managers thereby ensure that the design elements of the program are completed on time and designs are drawn-up in accordance with applicable specifications and standards.
What does the job involve?
- Attend project handover with the sales team
- Attend in-house and client meetings providing technical support to project managers
- Liaison with clients and sub-suppliers of the delivery of the projects
- Production of conceptual design documentation based on client URS
- Production of functional design specifications based on client URS
- Production of detailed design based on conceptual design documentation
- Production of FAT documentation for E, C&I and process disciplines
- Undertaking design reviews and chairing design review meetings
- In house manufacturing support based on produced design
- Vendor selection and review vendor proposals
What skills and experience do you need?
- Electrical Engineering qualification to HNC/HND (or equivalent) level
- Ideally a Member of the Institution of Measurement and Control or MIET - Member of the Institution Engineering & Technology or Member Institute of Eng Designers,
- Competent in the use of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- 5 + years E, C&I design experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD software package
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office products
- Proficient with Amtech ProDesign software package
- Knowledge of electrical testing and inspection in accordance with BS7671
- Able to undertake electrical installation cabling design
- Knowledge of ATEX and design of systems for hazardous areas
- Knowledge and experience of the design life cycles of a project
- Knowledge of PLC Equipment specification
- Experience in equipment engineering specifications and standards
- Organised and methodical drawing/document control.
- Knowledge of build processes.
- Awareness of the regulations and standards applicable to E, C&I systems.
- Ideally some familiarity with Small Bore Pipe Work Systems.
- Working knowledge and experience of DSEAR
- Experience of working within the process, oil & gas and petrochemical industry
- Experience of control system design and production of wiring diagrams
What are the pay and benefits?
Salary £40-48K + holidays , Pension