We’re looking for a Lead/Senior Piping Engineer for a full-time permanent staff position based in Cheadle, Cheshire.
What does the job involve as a Lead/Senior Piping Engineer?
- Working with a Lead Engineer involved in the delivery of large single projects or leading the piping on a series of smaller projects depending on experience and ability.
- Working as part of a team to ensure the design and construction is completed and approved in accordance with the time, cost and quality parameters.
- Involved in the full life cycle of the project from concept layout, through model reviews to production of final isometrics and responding to site technical queries.
- Covering all aspects of piping design including P&ID’s, site surveys, site layouts, General Arrangements, isometrics, Bill of Materials, Pipe Supports, scanning and estimate preparations.
- Inter-discipline co-ordination and clash checks (manually & 3D model).
What skills and experience do you need for the Lead/Senior Piping Engineer role?
- Experienced at working with Plant 3D (or E3D/PDMS), AutoCAD 2D and Navisworks.
- Significant engineering and contracting experience in major and minor project environment.
- Highly motivated and confident and enjoys thinking creatively and logically to develop practical “real life” design solutions.
- Flexible and self-driven, working effectively within a team or alone.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplined team and leading fellow piping designers.
- Knowledge of UK, European, and ASME/ASTM international standards and practices.
- Major projects experience of £10m upwards.
- Experience working on brownfield projects
- Experience in Process Plant, Hydrogen, Renewables, Chemical and Biochemicals sectors.
- Site experience – either during construction or plant operation/upgrade.
What are the pay and benefits?
Excellent Basic salary.
Group Employee Ownership Trust (EOT) bonus – tax free to £3600 A performance-related bonus.
Matched employer contributions to a stakeholder pension of up to 6% of salary. Health & Medical care.
Flexible working hours.
25 days holiday.
To apply for the Lead/Senior Piping Engineer role please click ‘Apply Now’