We’re looking for a Senior Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Engineer for a full-time permanent staff position based in Cheadle, Cheshire.
Our client is a small company and this role would suit someone not looking for a career in a large corporate organisation. The role is 50% Instruments , 25% Controls and 25% Electrical.
What does the job involve as a Senior Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Engineer?
- Senior Engineer involved in the delivery of greenfield & brownfield projects.
- Ensure the highest standards of HSE and client satisfaction are maintained.
- Working as part of a team to ensure the design and construction is completed and approved in accordance with the time, cost quality parameters.
- Versatile engineer able to take responsibility across the project EC&I work scope either directly or engaging with a specialist depending on the size and complexity of the assignment.
- Instrument Engineering for field instrumentation, including preparation of technical specifications, data sheets, quotation review, instrument selection, review of vendor drawings, preparation of design schemes, cable routing and site surveys.
- Low Voltage Electrical Engineering, including preparation of technical equipment specifications, review of quotations, review of vendor drawings, preparation of design schemes, Single Line Diagrams, schedules (e.g. drive and load), cable calculations, cable routing, site surveys and estimate preparations.
- Control System engineering, including the identification of appropriation control strategies, preparation of technical equipment specifications, review of quotations, review of vendor drawings, preparation of design schemes, control philosophy, systems integration, site surveys and estimate preparation.
- Ensure that all EC&I engineering works are undertaken in accordance with the conditions and requirements of the Contract.
- Attend co-ordination, progress and programme / resource meetings as required.
What skills and experience do you need for the Senior Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Engineer role?
- Significant engineering and contracting experience in major and minor project environment.
- Highly motivated and confident in working at a detailed level and coordinating major vendor packages.
- Flexible and self-driven, working effectively within a team or alone.
- Experienced in leading teams of engineers and designers.
- Engineering Degree.
- Working towards or have Chartered Membership of a recognised institution.
- Major projects experience of £30m upwards.
- Experience in Process Plant, Waste to Energy, Renewables.
What are the pay and benefits?
Excellent basic salary.
Matched employer contributions to a stakeholder pension of up to 6% of salary.
Health & Medical care.
A performance-related bonus.
Flexible working hours.
25 days holiday.
To apply for the Senior Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Engineer role please click ‘Apply Now’