We’re looking for an Electrical Engineer to join an established design, engineering and construction company in the Warrington area on a 3-month contract basis.
What does the job involve?
- Provide effective, accurate & efficient controls and instrumentation Engineering services to both internal & external customers.
- Generate controls and instrumentation deliverables in compliance with BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations and client specifications.
- Support effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets together with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Produce documentation in accordance with defined standards / quality requirements.
- Liaise with design and equipment subcontractors
- Lead the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative solutions.
- Interface with other disciplines.
What skills and experience do you need?
- HNC or Degree in electrical engineering with at least 8-10 years’ in a relevant role.
- successful delivery of controls and instrumentation designs within projects for the pharmaceutical and petrochemical sector.
- Working knowledge of industrial HV and LV distribution systems – specialising in LV distribution.
- Strong experience in UK pharmaceutical and petrochemical construction projects.
- Extensive knowledge of hazardous area design together with hazardous area protection principals and generation of associated documentation i.e. Intrinsically safe calculations and hazardous area inspection schedules.
- Knowledge of functional safety requirements and lifecycle with a clear understanding of IEC 61508 and 61511.
- Working knowledge of modern communications network principals and design i.e. ethernet, profibus, profinet etc.
- Experience of E&I design best practices.
- Strong knowledge of CDM Regulations 2015.
- AutoCAD LT, Trimble (Amtech) Pro Design Suite Cable Sizing Software.
- AVEVA Instrumentation and Systems engineering proprietary software.
Rate / Salary details
- £45-£50 per hour Ltd Company (Outside IR35)