We’re looking for a Software Applications Engineer to join an established nuclear technologies company on a permanent staff basis in the Chester area.
What does the job involve?
• Generation of bespoke software solutions for company products including documentation, code generation and testing.
• Liaison with internal specialists and customers to understand their requirements and to work collaboratively with them to develop a range of solutions to meet their needs.
• Development of existing and new products and services to grow new business opportunities.
• Provide routine maintenance, trouble shooting and training support to customers for their existing systems.
• Management of external suppliers for delivery of activities to support customer projects and internal development activities.
• Installation and commissioning of company products on customer sites
• Regular customer interaction to understand their technical requirements and ensure that products are meeting their expectations.
• Generation and management of documentation requirements including drawings such as network and database schematics, operator and maintenance manuals, commissioning procedures etc.
• Capability to develop project proposals including schedule and cost forecasts.
• Ability to manage project deliverables and provide clear status reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
• Requirement for travel to European suppliers and other company/customer sites.
What skills and experience do you need?
• A good quality degree preferably in software engineering or related discipline.
• Sound understanding of software design principles and concepts coupled with an ability to communicate effectively in a mixed level team.
• Development capability in C# with SQL, .NET Core with optional capability in C.
• Knowledge of working with SVN and GIT source control.
• You must be able to obtain SC clearance for this role which usually takes around 3-4 months.
What are the pay and benefits?
• £60,000 to £66,000 per annum.
• Company performance bonus.
• 25 days holiday.
• Company Sick Pay.