Maintenance Technician (Electrical 70 / 30 Mechanical)
Due to continuous growth, our client is looking for a talented and experienced Maintenance Technician, who will be based at their site located in the Standish area, for a permanent contract (subject to 6-month probationary period) to start as soon as possible.
You will be joining a company that is passionate about people and believe in investing in the future of their employees, achieving this through training, integration, and investing in technology, shaping the future of their staff and their business.
So what does a production Maintenance Technician job involve?
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the main purpose of a Maintenance Technician is to ensure the safe and continuous production of the plant by swiftly responding to any equipment failures and implementing an effective preventive maintenance programme. All aspects of site operations must be completed in a safe, timely and professional manner reporting any problems which arise.
The Maintenance Technician Responsibilities will include:
- To accurately complete all necessary documentation in a timely manner
- To provide a full maintenance and electrical maintenance service to the company
- process plant and other designated areas, including our manufacturing site
- Maintenance and repairs of steam boilers, pumps, gearboxes, agitators and other plant equipment where necessary
- Maintenance and repairs of electrical plant equipment where necessary
- Installation of chemical plant equipment, valves, and pressure relief valves under management of change
- Testing and calibrating to Quality Control specifications
- General building and electrical maintenance repairs
- Resolve any unplanned breakdowns in a safe and expedient manner
- Liaise with the Maintenance Manager to ensure all items required for scheduled shutdown are obtained and that stoppage time is minimised whilst maintaining all safe working procedures and conditions
- Immediately report any incident that the management needs to address using the appropriate reporting systems in place
- Respond to required corrective and preventive action in a timely manner
- Carry out additional duties not listed yet above at the discretion of the Directors.
Essential Skills / Knowledge / Experience required as a Maintenance Technician
Practical hands-on attitude
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Willingness to comply with safety and quality regulations, including wearing and maintaining PPE
A desire to work with other discipline members to improve processes and also work alone unattended
Flexible approach to working
Planned preventative maintenance
Electrical infrastructure systems (single and three-phase)
Desirable Skills / Knowledge / Experience
Experience working in an ATEX chemical/process type industry Any experience working on a COMAH will be advantageous
Understanding of chemical processes
Essential Qualifications Required for a Maintenance Technician
Experience in a similar role
Electrical 70 / 30 Mechanical
IOSH Managing Safely
18th Edition Wiring Regulations (C&G 2382)
Test and Inspect 2391
CompEx Certification (EX01-04)
Hours: Monday - Friday 08.00am - 4.30pm (40 hour contract)
Annual Salary = £45,567.60
Any additional: The 2.5 hours additional will be at the overtime rate. £30.04 x 2.5 p/w = £75.11 x 52 = £3905.20
If you are interested in the Maintenance Technician role, and you feel you have the right qualification and experience, please get in touch or click on the link to ‘apply’