22 days ago
Our client is a dynamic group of businesses engaged in the development, manufacture and distribution of chemical intermediates for Personal Care, Household Care and Industrial applications.
The client has an exciting future with plans to grow the business dramatically over the next 5 years.
Job Title: Production Operator
Reports to: Operations Manager
To be part of the production team that is required to complete production batches to the required quality, within the required health, safety and COMAH standards and on time. The role is on a shift basis.
The shifts are currently 6am-6pm, and 6pm-6am. The site currently opens at 6am on Monday and closes at 6am on Saturday. These are subject to change as the business grows.
Confident, self-motivated, proactive with great attention to detail and the ability to work with a team to achieve the production requirements of the business.
Duties / Areas of Responsibility:
- There are 5 grades to become a full production operator. As you train and pass through each Grade and prove you are capable to the acceptance of the Operations Manager, a salary increment is given.
- Grade A:
- FLT licence
- Housekeeping – pro actively keeps the area they work in and the site tidy and clean
- Load and offload tankers
- Pack kegs, drums and IBCs from bulk quantities
- Complete batch blends
- Grade B:
- Process specific customers blends, as per the skills matrix
- Bulk bag handling – liquid
- Specifically be able to use V14
- Grade C:
- Manage reactions and neutralisations
- Produce phosphate esters
- Grade D:
- Complete wax emulsions, and processes that require the hot oil system
- Process specific customer reactions, as per the skills matrix
- Grade E:
- Perform distillation and vacuum system processes
- Process specific reactions, as per the skills matrix
In addition to the above specifics, there are also general duties:
- In the powder plant – process batches, using dust extraction, bulk bag handling etc
- Perform in-process testing to ensure the product remains in specification
- Train / mentor more junior operators
- Assist in the warehouse when staff are on holiday
- Other tasks as required by your manager
- Previous experience of chemical batch processing
- Can work under pressure and to strict and sometimes challenging deadlines
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational and time keeping skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative but also able to be part of the team