We are currently looking to support our client – a leading UK solutions provider operating across the natural gas, petrochemical, biomethane and decarbonisation sectors. They are looking for a CompEx trained Electrician to join their manufacturing department on a permanent staff basis at their Ellesmere Port workshop facility. This will be a full-time standard hours role.
This is an excellent long term opportunity for someone living in Cheshire or the surrounding regions to join a successful growing industry leader that provides excellent opportunities for personal growth by investing in their staff with high class training programs and by supporting them throughout their time with the company. To apply and for more information please read on below and contact me with a copy of your latest CV indicating details on your current situation and availability.
The CompEx Electrician’s day to day duties will include ensuring the site is compliant with all regulations concerning electric distribution, use of electrical equipment and control and instrumentation systems. You will have experience in maintenance with bias towards instrumentation. Work will be carried out at the Head Office and various UK sites.
Other Electrical duties shall include working from a range of technical drawings to complete project installation works. Communicate suggestions for editing of electrical drawings to instigate improvements, modifications and innovations. Where necessary, the Electrical Inspect & Test Engineer shall complete regular PAT testing of equipment both scheduled and requisite. Complete testing of electrical circuits and panels, to ensure systems are safe and compliant with regulations.
What does the job involve?
- Ensure all statutory inspections on E,C&I equipment is carried out in a timely manner.
- Electrical installation work, including inspecting and testing.
- Where required, prepare and maintain written schemes of examinations of the site electrical distribution and electrical equipment to ensure continued safe and efficient use.
- Prepare and maintain inspection and proof testing procedures for control and safety instrumented systems to ensure that they continue to operate in the way that they were initially designed
- Control panel manufacture.
- Pre-Testing and pre-commissioning of completed projects.
- PAT testing.
- Ensure that project work is completed, following all EUK and industrial standards to always show the company in a good light.
- Highlight any problems and find solutions.
- Responsible for their own health and safety and that of others and undertake the obligations.
- Assist in the implementation of the Quality Assurance, Environmental Management System, abide and promote its Policies and Procedures.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Craft apprenticeship, City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 (Time served apprenticeship).
- City & Guilds 2382 - 17th Edition (or 16th Edition with conversion course).
- COMPEX trained for hazardous area work EX01, EX02, EX03 and EX04.
- City & Guilds 2394 & 2395 (Formally known as 2391) Combined course - Inspection and Testing - Parts 1 and 2.
- In-depth understanding of the requirements of:
- o The Electricity at Work Regulations.
- o PUWER - The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
- o BS 7671 - Wiring regulations.
- o BS EN 61511 - Safety Instrumented Systems.
- o BS EN 60079 - ATEX regulations.
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematic diagrams and drawings.
- Possess relevant site certifications including a valid CSCS Card.
- Full, clean driving license.
- Good time management skills.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work at various UK sites as required.
- Working knowledge of HSE legislation and requirements.
- Industry best practice.
- A good working knowledge of current electrical regulations.
- Asbestos Awareness.
- Experience working in process industry or equivalent.
- Ideally have experience of working within an electrical testing role for at least 2 years.