We’re looking for a Project Engineer for a full-time permanent staff position based in Ellesmere Port.
Our client is a specialist supplier of gas analysing and sampling systems supplied to a variety of industries in the UK and worldwide. They are experiencing a period of significant growth including systems supplied into the new hydrogen facilities and for biogases from anaerobic digesters.
The Project Engineer will provide a link between the Project team ( design ) and the Site team. They will appraise quotations for materials/components, liaison with clients and third party consultants including design Approvers/Appraisers, provision of technical support to the design team and assist them to ensure the design elements of the programme are completed on time and designs are drawn-up in accordance with the company, Client, IGE or applicable external specifications/standards.
They will undertake surveys to enable the Design team to complete designs to Customer requirements, and undertake additional general duties as required.
What does the job involve?
- Support the managing and delivering of analytical/instrument and electrical projects, including Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Design.
- Technical Support from an E,C & I perspective to all Project Teams re: Procurement, Installation, Commissioning.
- Support end to end design, ensure compliance with current company, Client and IGE specifications / standards and all relevant legislation.
- Attends meetings as required and assists in providing progress reports to the Project Manager.
- Liaise with the appointed CDM Coordinator on any CDM related issue, where required.
- Client Liaison.
- Supports the delivery of project drawings and associated records.
- If requested by the Project Manager support with accident/incident investigations.
What skills and experience do you need?
- C & G in an Electrical Installations or similar discipline.
- Craft apprenticeship and/or industrial Experience.
- 17th/18th Edition fully qualified Electrician.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work within the office or based on sites as required
- Possess relevant site certifications including a valid CSCS Card
- Full, Clean driving license.
- Good IT Skills such as Microsoft Project, Word, Excel.
- Basic skills and knowledge of AutoCAD desirable but require the ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Good project management skills.
- Experience in managing commercial and industrial contracts.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to tender.
- Experience with financial control on budgets.
- Ability to procure/hire plant and material.
- Ability to control labour.
- Manage business relationships with suppliers, consultancies and competitors.
- Working knowledge of HSE Legislation and requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of current Electrical Legislation
- Industrial/practical experience in Engineering.
- Appropriate supervision/monitoring of delegated tasks and processes.
What are the pay and benefits?
Salary estimated at £40 -50 K + benefits