We’re looking for a Principal/Senior Mechanical Engineer for a full-time permanent staff position based in Cheadle, Cheshire.
Our client is a small company and the role would suit an engineering who is looking for this type of working environment and to get away from the corporate organisations.
What does the job involve as a Principal/Senior Mechanical Engineer?
- Lead Engineer involved in the delivery of large single projects or series of smaller projects (greenfield & brownfield).
- Ensure the highest standards of HSE and client satisfaction are maintained.
- Working as part of a team to ensure the design and construction is completed and approved in accordance with the time, cost quality parameters. Therefore the role will also a significant interface with other disciplines involved in the delivery of the project together with cost control, progress reporting and quality assurance.
- Covering all aspects of mechanical scope (machinery, vessels and packages), including preparation of technical specifications, review of quotations, review of vendor drawings, preparation of design schemes, site surveys and estimates.
- Ensure that all mechanical engineering works are undertaken in accordance with the conditions and requirements of the Contract.
- Projects include Concept, FEED and EPC phases together with consultancy and proposal support.
What skills and experience do you need for the Principal/Senior Mechanical Engineer role?
A deep desire to apply technical knowledge in a practical and expedient manner.
- Significant engineering and contracting experience for major and minor projects.
- Our client is looking very much for a generalist an engineer with a wide range of experience
- Highly motivated and confident in working at a detailed level.
- Flexible and self-driven, working effectively within a team or alone.
- Experienced in leading teams of engineers and designers.
- Engineering Degree.
- Chartered Membership of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers
- Excellent presentation and communication skills as there will be significant interaction with Clients and Technology Partners.
- “Hands On” experience during fabrication, construction or commissioning phases.
- Experience in Process Plant, Waste to Energy, Renewables and Coke/Steel sectors.
- Design Management experience.
What are the pay and benefits?
Excellent basic salary.
Matched employer contributions to a stakeholder pension of up to 6% of salary. Health & Medical care.
A performance-related bonus. Flexible working hours.
25 days holiday.
To apply for the Principal/Senior Mechanical Engineer role please click ‘Apply Now’