We are looking for a full-time office-based Purchasing Assistant joining a team of 8-9 people for our client in the oil and gas industry who has over 1,000 people spread across 13 major sites providing a global foot print in support of their client’s requirements:
Pay Rate: £14.30
Duration: 6 months, possibility temp to perm
Hours: flexible start/end - Mon-Fri start 07.30-09.30, finish 16.30-18.30 & Fri start 08.00, finish 12.30 (if reached 37.5hrs/week)
We now have a position for a Purchasing Assistant to join the team who will report to the Lead Buyer.
Seeking someone who is highly motivated, proactive, organised and possess a good working knowledge of Microsoft applications. Good IT and analytical skills are essential, including high numerical capabilities to ensure the delivery of key business objectives.
What does the job involve as a Purchasing Assistant?
- Support Eastern Hemisphere purchasing team with all purchasing activities.
- Monitor and expedite late Purchase and Works Orders. Liaise closely with the planning department for all items that will not meet the requirements of the Production Schedule and provide solutions as necessary.
- Support with the resolution of invoices pending payment in a timely manner, by performing detailed analysis to identify root cause of issue prohibiting invoice payment.
- Review Traceability Number requests and issue numbers to suppliers
- Review tender requests and present information to Buyers with recommended order placement.
- Proactively monitor supplier performance and develop vendors to improve on-time delivery, product quality and reduce lead-times.
- Assist inventory control, when required, with any queries in goods receiving.
- Undertake vendor analysis and selection along with identifying and establish supply agreements to the benefit the organization
- Update procedures, work instructions and manuals as per requirements
- Participate in meetings and keep up to date on issues related to Purchase Order delivery, vendor performance, Metrics, capacity constraints and other related Supply Chain issues.
- Achieve target On-time delivery and Lead-time and inventory turn levels based on manufacturing and supply chain capacity/flexibility.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Represent the organization in a responsible and professional manner.
- Engage in any other activities as requested by the Lead Buyer.
What skills and experience do you need as a Purchasing Assistant?
- Enjoys working in a team
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Proficient IT skills including MS Word, MS Excel and Other MS Office Applications.
- CIPS Qualifications
- HNC in Business or Manufacturing related subject
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management or related discipline
- Working knowledge manufacturing environment, inventory management, or planning environment.
- Knowledge of Lean & Operational Excellence
- Working knowledge of the Oil and Gas in a relevant field
- Experience in presenting to cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
- ERP knowledge such as Syteline.-
What is the pay for the Purchasing Assistant role?
Pay Rate up to £14.30 per hour
To apply for the Purchasing Assistant role, please click ‘Apply Now’